Today we shine our sartorial spotlight on Ireland’s 3 best-dressed men: Sean O’Pry, Sam Homan, and Eider Leite.
All 3 are international models either residing in Ireland or from here.
Did you know that O’Pry, the world’s highest-paid model, was half Irish? He’s the American son of an Irish father he hero worships, according to the Irish Independent. Here are our top 6 facts about him.
1. O’Pry made $1.5 million between 2012 and 2013, according to Forbes magazine.
2. He’s been the face of Calvin Klein for several seasons.
3. He’s currently the face of Bottega Veneta and Zara.
4. He has an estimated net worth of $6.5 million.
5. He was originally scouted from photos on his Myspace account!
6. In 2007, he was GQ’s Man of the Season.
One of Ireland’s most successful commercial models, Sam Homan works all around the world, but returns regularly to Ireland. Here in Dublin, a photo call will only earn him about €250 compared to the £1,500 he makes in London or the $1,000 in New York, so it’s no surprise that he prefers the life of a jetsetter.
1. Homan is from Rathfarnham and turned 30 this year.
2. He lives in New York but sometimes stays with his parents in the suburbs of Dublin.
3. He’s signed up with 7 different modeling agencies internationally and moves country every few months.
4. He claims Ireland’s fashion industry is far nicer than the rest of the world’s. “Ireland’s very good,” he says. “There’s no bullshit. It’s a very PC model industry. It feels like it’s sugar-coated compared to the world.”
5. Homan was once bullied for being overweight and is now 5 stone lighter than he was at 19.
6. One day, he’d love to open a bakery in Dublin.
Leite is actually from Brazil but lives and works in Dublin, traveling regularly to London and New York for fashion shoots. He’s signed to Morgan modeling agency. Here are 6 things you should know about him.
1. Leite has worked for Lanvin, DKNY, Ralph Lauren, and Tom Ford.
2. He told the Irish Examiner that tracksuits are fashion’s biggest mistake.
3. His favourite shop is Zara.
4. His favourite designer is Burberry.
5. The most expensive garment he’s ever bought are a pair of “slim-fit trousers by Dolce & Gabbana for €300 in Italy.”
6. He cites Blake Lively as the best-dressed style icon today.