Business travel starts off fun and exciting, and then, unless you are as thoroughly prepared a US navy seal about to go on a mission, you can slowly get worn down into a pit of despair as unexpected curve balls are thrown at you…such as airport queuing, flight delays, lost luggage, cancelled appointments and other unplanned delays. And that’s not including your creased suit!
Fortunately, we’re here to get you in shape, GATE8-style, so you are prepared for every step of the way.
We have combined our own years of experience with the vast knowledge and feedback from our community of GATE8’ers, to compile a list of travel hacks to make your business trip more enjoyable and less stressful:
Before the flight
- Book two one-way tickets when you can. One-way fares can be far better value.
- Clear the cookies on your laptop or iPad when booking your seats. This will remove your digital history on the website and you will see cheaper ticket prices being offered to entice your “new” business.
- Use a cash-back credit card for all business travel and expenses. It all adds up in time for Christmas.
- Join a loyalty program for free upgrades and air miles.
- Sick of hotels? We recommend using the Airbnb App to book a luxury apartment for the same price as a hotel room.
- Create your own playlists or find a playlist to suit your mood on Spotify. Music is the best form of relaxation for a flight and a mood enhancer.
Preparing for your flight
- Find your GATE8 carry-on bag, then neatly and efficiently pack your business garments so they arrive ready-to-wear.
- Toiletries: Try ordering samples of your favorite products online for free travel-size toiletries.
- Pack the heaviest items at the bottom of the bag to ensure it remains balanced.
- Cut out the world and purchase a pair of noise-cancelling headphones. No more crying babies.
- Save a checklist: Sometimes it’s useful to have access to information when you’re off-line. Evernote is a clever on-line/off-line app that lets you keep notes or write documents ‘in the cloud’. This then syncs across all your devices so you always have the latest version. Perfect for your travel checklist that you can keep adding to. Clever stuff.
- Always pack diarrhea tablets. Enough said.
- Always carry wet wipes. They are a godsend for spillages.
- Carry a Tide-to-Go stain remover pen – It may be a lifesaver when needing to remove that coffee from your shirt.
- Always pack an empty bottle. That way, you don’t need to pay for water.
Check-in for your flight online.
At the airport
- To avoid delays in check-in and on airport exit if you can Avoid Baggage Check-In we recommend using cabin approved bags for speedy boarding and departure
- Once through airport security, relax, read a book, check your emails and be productive with your spare time.
- Go to the local bar and ask for a glass of tap water. Fill up your empty bottom. £2+ saved.
On your flight
- If you are travelling with a GATE8 bag, Unzip the tech compartment – this will fit under the seat for take-off and landing. You can relax, you everything of value with you at your seat.
- Lay off the alcohol and caffeine to avoid jetlag.
- Reset your mind. Use the free Headspace App to meditate during your flight. You’ll be fresh as a daisy for your meeting.
- Close your eyes and relax for the last 10 minutes of your flight. This will relax your mind ready to boss the day ahead.
After your flight
- Landed somewhere unfamiliar? Use the AroundMe app to find out what is, well, literally around you. Find bars, restaurants, and more.
- Expenses are always a pain to sort out when you get home. Well now, you don’t need to worry about that malarkey. You can book expenses in real-time using your mobile app. This means you don’t need to worry about hunting down the receipt for that £200 meal you paid for!
- Make time to exercise when away on business. It will reduce stress levels and help you stay on top of your game.
Exclusive Offer for A Suit That Fits
As an exclusive member of A Suit That Fits GATE8 would like to offer a 20% discount on it’s award-winning cabin bag range.
Never waste time at baggage check-in again!
Simply visit Gate8luggage.com and use the code ASTF at the checkout to claim your 20% discount. You will also get FREE UK delivery.